Music Video Contest
Have you ever wanted to enter a music video contest at another convention only to be told your video doesn’t meet their restrictions? Welcome to the Daku Con Geek Music Video (GMV) Contest! We have intentionally structured this contest to be as inclusive as possible, so show us that creativity and who knows? You could be walking away with the grand prize.
- Each contestant is allowed to to submit one (1) submission to the GMV Contest. Anyone found using multiple studios in order to submit multiple videos will be disqualified.
- Please do not include studio bumpers or video credits. We will create custom title cards for every entry and the addition of bumpers/credits takes up unnecessary screen time.
- Restricted Material: Live action pornography. That’s it. All other sources/material are free game.
Any video entered into the GMV contest cannot have won any awards at any prior conventions. Videos that have placed at other competitions will be disqualified.
- You video may not contain any commercial studio logos or television station watermarks (FOX, CBS, etc). Parody logos are accepted, and trailer videos may contain the green trailer screen as long as any mention of the MPAA is eliminated.
- No lyrics/karaoke subtitles unless you have added them yourself.
- Videos are to be a minimum of 1 minute and are not to exceed 4 minutes.
- Any and all videos submitted must have a clearly organized file name. Please use the format Studio Name-File Name.file format (example HorseDeer-Notice Me Sensei.MP4)
- Only submit .MP4 files, .AVI, and .MPEG
- Categories this year will include Comedy, Romance, Action, “Holy shit that’s good editing”, and Miscellaneous. If you want your video in a certain category, let us know in your email submission. Otherwise videos will be sorted into whatever category we see fit.
- All videos must be uploaded to AMV.org or another file upload website and the link must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 31, 2019.